Looking for a job online?

Want to work from home? Register on oDesk to get a job online and start earning REAL CASH today!

Watch the video below to learn more:

Like what you watched? Click the banner below to get started:

oDesk

Sponsored Advertisement

| 4 comments ]

Today I received a wall post on facebook from one of my friends that appears to be a video entitled "Barack Obama Hillary Clinton - Sex Scandal".

Barack Obama Hillary Clinton - Sex Scandal - Facebook

I thought that it was a trusted link and my friend really wanted to share it to me so I clicked on the link anyway. After that, I noticed a very suspicious request and is asking for my permission. So I didn't bothered to continue because I am very much against those kind of security thingy.

This is very alarming because it comes with a personalized message containing your name plus the request that you should check it out. To think that this is one of the top websites in the world!

I did some research and found out that this facebook app contains a virus that SPAMS YOUR FRIENDS. It sends messages to your contacts without you knowing about it.. Unlike the other apps that ask permissions first, this one doesn't.

Many members including myself already reported this. Beware of clicking apps because this is not the end of scam sites like this.

Did you encounter this scam page on facebook too?

4 comments

Corti said... @ April 11, 2010 at 2:01 AM

THERE IS A VIRUS SPREADING LIKE WILDFIRE ON FB. DO NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING FROM ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS THAT ASK YOU TO WATCH A VIDEO ON YOU -TUBE. SNOPES JUST CONFIRMED. IT IS A TROJAN WORM VIRUS CALLED KOOBFACE. IT WILL STEAL INFO, INFEST YOUR SYSTEM AND SHUT IT DOWN. DO NOT OPEN THE LINK. PLEASE REPOST THIS ...IN YOUR STATUS!!!!!!!!!!!(BARACK OBAMA CLINTON SCANDAL)

Bogcess said... @ April 11, 2010 at 12:33 PM

@Corti: Yes, the virus' name is indeed KOOBFACE. Thankfully I didn't opened that malicious link. Whew! That's why I blogged about this to help spread the awareness. Share this link to everyone you know!

Anonymous said... @ April 29, 2010 at 12:13 PM

unfortunately i did allow the acces and stuff but didnt get to open the video when it wanted to download some stuff for it, im i free from it? what can i do? thanks!

Anonymous said... @ May 1, 2010 at 11:43 PM

how to delete this trojan?

Post a Comment

Next Previous home